12:03 AM

#3 - My Morning Matthew

Posted by CAM |

Unlike his mother, Matthew is an early riser. He is a morning person! How I was blessed with a morning person as a child, I haven't a clue. Yes I do, it shows us that God really does have a sense of humor.

It started when he was no longer in a crib. I learned early on that if I didn't want a kitchen floor full of condiments, I needed to find a means to keep this child in his room. Child safety gates worked for a while.

Now, not so much.

At eight, you would think we would be out of the woods with the early morning curiosity, uh, no. In the last few weeks my husband and I have woke to a kitchen with evidence that he was there. Chocolate frosting container open with all too telling fork marks, left over birthday cake with long, skinny finger tracks proving SOMEONE had a few fingerfulls of whipped cream icing that morning.

The funniest was about two weeks ago when he went outside to see the neighborhood stray that likes to nap on our front porch. Of course, you can imagine my horror when I find out that he was outside while we were still asleep, but it gets worse. Not only did he go out to see the stray, he went next door to the new neighbors house who had recently moved in and still had some items on their front porch. One item happened to be an old exercise bike; which Matthew, of course, took the liberty of riding on at 7:00am! OMG! I about died.

We then stressed how important it was for him to not go outside the house if we weren't awake yet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe